Introduction to CAD
CAD technology is used to design tools, machinery, drafting and all types of buildings, from small residential types (houses) to large commercial and industrial structures (hospitals and factories)
CAD is mainly used for detailed engineering of 3D models or 2D drawings of physical components. It is also used throughout the engineering process from conceptual design and layout of products to definition of manufacturing methods of components. It can also be used to design objects such as jewellery, furniture, appliances, etc. Furthermore, many CAD applications now offer advanced rendering and animation capabilities so engineers can better visualize their product designs.
CAD Projects at Boni Engineering and Technologies
- 3D Modeling
- For all Engineering applications including Automotive and Aerospace domain.
- Extensive use of Solid and Surface modelling for the development of 3D components.
- 3D modelling and design applications for Plastic and Sheet Metal components.
- Both Parametric and Non-Parametric modelling process adopted for designing 3D components.
- Modeling CAD/CAM tools are CATIA V5 & V6, UG/NX, Solid Works and CREO.
- Design Customization
- For design customization, CAD/CAM software is used as basic tool and modelling is automated.
- Design processes are codded in Visual C++ or C or Java.
- Design standards and data are stored in RDBMS and interfaced with design process.
- For this application predominantly used CAD/CAM software are CATIA with Component Application Architecture, UG/NX, CREO and AutoCAD.
- Rendering and Walk Through Applications
- For modelling, CATIA or CREO or AutoCAD is used.
- By importing the models in 3D Max, rendering and animation are done.